I don’t know how the Liebster award got started, but I’ve been nominated by two bloggers, Passionforfashion, and The Shaak. The idea behind the Liebster award is to discover new blogs. There are a few rules, but they are simple so lets get started.
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
3. 11 random facts about yourself.
4. List 11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that you really feel deserve a little blogging love (I used the number of Bloglovin followers).
5. Let all of the bloggers know that you have nominated them. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you!
6. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer.
11 Questions For Me
Without further ado I would like to start by breaking the rules! I was nominated by two wonderful bloggers so my 11 questions are a combination of there questions because I thought 22 was just too many.
1) When did you start blogging?
I actually had to look this up. It feels like I started blogging forever ago because I had such a long unexpected blog break, but really my blog isn’t that old. I started my blog in February 2012, but took a long blog break from June 2012 to May 2013. I’ve been on a great run since then.
2) If you have to describe yourself with a color, what would it be and why?
Just one color? Probably green because I’m a bit eco conscious, it’s a calming color, and to me it means new beginnings and growth.
3) What are your essential wardrobe/ beauty staples?
Wardrobe: A good pair of jeans. Beauty: Liquid eyeliner.
4) What do you think is the most important attribute for any woman?
Confidence in your capabilities.
5) What is your favorite blog/who is your favorite blogger and why?
Lauren from LLadybird. I like her writing style and direct, give no fucks additude. Her sewing is amazing and inspirational. Also, when I emailed her about a trip to Nashville she promptly sent me back a long list of fun things to do.
6) What do you plan to create or do with you blog?
I’ve asked myself this question a lot over the years, but recently decided that it should just kinda grow organically. It focuses on my sewing, but lately I haven’t had much time to sew and I don’t want to beat myself about that and I still want to be able to write on my blog, so I am taking a bit of time to define my fashion.
7) What inspired you to start your blog?
The sewing blog community is what inspired me to start my blog. I loved reading sewing blogs and wanted to contribute to the conversation. I didn’t know anyone that enjoyed sewing there own clothes at the time and sewing can be a lonely hobby. Blogging changed that.
8) What do you do in your spare time apart from blogging?
I really enjoy doing Pilates and am going to start the path towards becoming a certified instructor this year. I also love live music and go to see local shows and shows in San Francisco as often as possible. In March I am seeing Tool and Galactic!
9) What is your favorite season of the year and why?
The Fall, in California it is always so warm and welcoming. A golden light cast on the fields. It is so calm and relaxing, I guess my body loves the vitamin D.
10) What is your dream job?
Teaching. Flexibility. Growth. Spontaneity.
11) What fascinates you about blogging?
Blogging fascinates me because it allows people from all over the country to share their talents and ideas.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I love 90s rock, especially Primus.
- I’ve pierced my nose twice, but don’t have a nose ring.
- I love to embroider.
- My favorite authors are still the ones from childhood, Rahl Dahl and Phillip Pullman.
- If I could wear leggings every day I would, but leggings aren’t pants! They belong under short dresses and the occasional long tunic.
- Bubbly water makes me hiccup.
- I have never been able to touch my toes.
- I hate sewing hems.
- I am a shitty swimmer.
- I love to dance.
- I never take shots or drink cheap beer.
For more random facts go to my About Me page.
Finally the 11 bloggers that I nominate for the Liebster Award
Drum roll please…
Make sure to follow these crafty ladies for tons of inspiration and to help their blogs grow!
My 11 Questions For You!
- What is your favorite quote?
- What three things would you bring to a desert island?
- What would you consider your greatest accomplishment?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Who is your favorite blogger and why?
- What is your favorite sewing pattern designer?
- What is your favorite sewing tip?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? Why?
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- What is your favorite band?
- Who is the most inspiring person in your life?
Thanks everyone for participating in the Liebster Awards with me. I hope you discovered some great new blogs. Nominated bloggers I would love to see links to your posts in the comments!